The Information Services Section includes:
- South Africa’s reference library for Occupational Health
- Query handling service to provide technical information assistance on occupational health to Occupational Health professionals, relevant government departments, industries, labour unions, OH students and the general public with interest in occupational health and safety
- A resource centre aiming at collecting all relevant information about Occupational Health and Safety and disseminating it to all relevant interested parties
- An institutional repository
- An institutional archive
Functions of Information Services:
- To collect and disseminate information in support of occupational health services throughout South Africa and the SADC region.
- To develop capacity to source information by occupational health practitioners, students, workers, government officials, labour unions and health and safety representatives.
- To respond and facilitate access to technical OH information, guidance and expert advisory services offered within NIOH.
For more Information about the Information Services Section, contact:
Head of Information Services
Ms Angel Mzoneli
Contact person for the NIOH library
Mr Bongani Nkuna