The clinic days at the NIOH are Tuesday to Thursday on alternative weeks from 08h00 in the morning. Patients are seen on an appointment basis. The number to call is 011 712 6426/ 6462 to make a booking. The following is requested from all referrers:
- Name and Surname of the client,
- ID number and copy,
- Physical and postal address of the company referring,
- Vat number of the company referring,
- Name and contact of the person referring,
- Referral letter with brief occupational history and reasons for referral,
- MSDS- Material Safety Data Sheet of what the client is exposed to.
Upon receiving the above, an appointment date will be allocated.
The School of Public Health, University of the Witwatersrand offers the Masters in Public Health (MPH) in the field of occupational hygiene in collaboration with the NIOH. For further information on the MPH see the brochure from Wits below.
The Occupational Hygiene Department of the NIOH provides information and advice about occupational health and safety to help promote safe and healthy working environments. To request a quotation use the contact details below:
Mrs Jeanneth Manganyi
Tel: 011 712 6500
Tel: 011 712 6555
The NIOH has produced a pamphlet called “Noise in the workplace and ‘Buy-Quiet’ Policy”. See the pamphlet at the bottom of the page.